PHYSIO-LIFE IS NOW OPEN FOR FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATIONS & ALSO CONTINUES TO OFFER VIRTUAL/VIDEO CONSULTATIONS IF NECESSARY
If you are unsure whether a face-to-face consultation or virtual consultation is more suitable please don't hesitate to give us a call on 01462 757050 to discuss.
Following the government easing lock down measures earlier in the year and following guidance in line with Public Health England, The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (our professional body) and Physio-First (a formal association offering support to private Physiotherapists) we are now able to offer face to face appointments.
Physio-Life has been offering virtual appointments during lock down and these have proved to be very effective in supporting our patients. We continue to offer these virtual appointments where face to face treatment is deemed an unnecessary risk or patients prefer not to come in to the clinic.
PLEASE NOTE HYDROTHERAPY IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE AND WE ARE NOT OFFERING HYDROTHERAPY ASSESSMENTS UNTIL WE HAVE FURTHER GUIDANCE.
Following the most recent guidance from the government and country wide lock down, Physiotherapy clinics have been given the go ahead to remain open.
Any patient coming in to the clinic will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to their appointment.
To reassure you, here are some the measures that we have in place to ensure we practice as safely as possible and to reduce risk as best we can:
- The clinic environment has been risk assessed and measures have been put in place to minimise risk
- The clinic has an updated cleaning policy to ensure thorough cleaning of all surfaces, door handles and equipment
- Patient appointments are spaced out to enable thorough cleaning in between patients
- We have taken guidance from Public Health England on the correct level of PPE required. Staff will wear a disposable apron, gloves and a Type 2R surgical facemask. Visors or goggles will be worn if deemed necessary, e.g. if provoking aerosol generating procedures (AGP’s) (cough)
- Please try to attend the appointment alone. Anyone accompanying you will also need to maintain a 2 metre social distance at all times
- Patient’s will be asked to arrive for their appointment no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time
- Patient’s will be expected to wear a face covering and use hand sanitiser on their hands on entering the clinic
- Patient’s will need to have their temperature recorded on arrival at the clinic (anyone with a temperature of 37.8 or above will not be able to be seen)
- 2 metre social distances will be observed at all times other than when hands on treatment is required (see above guidance)
- A record of all patients who have attended Physio-Life will be kept to comply with the new Test and Trace system
- The clinic room will be ventilated with an open window when possible
- Contactless payment should be used where possible, preferably using bank card or online bank transfers. If not, a cheque or cash is fine
For home visits:
- We have taken guidance from Public Health England on the correct level of PPE required. Staff will wear a disposable apron, gloves and a 2R level face mask. Visors or goggles will be worn if deemed necessary, e.g. if provoking aerosol generating procedures (AGP’s) (cough)
- Shoes will be left at the door to prevent transmission into the property
- PPE equipment will be removed and taken away by staff to dispose of appropriately unless a clinical waste disposable bag is available
- Staff will request to wash hands on entering and leaving the home. We will supply our own towel/paper towels
- It is advisable that the patient wears a face covering or mask during the session
- 2 metre social distances will be observed at all times other that when hands on treatment is required (see above guidance)
- A record of all patients seen by Physio-Life will be kept to comply with the new Test and Trace system
If you have any queries or concerns please contact Rachel on 01462 757050 or 07540 770 601